Books on a coffee table are stylish, chic and welcoming. They take you on a visual journey and also is a reflection of the homeowner’s psyche. Personally, I prefer books that are vivid, bold, interesting to read and revolve around travel, art, and wine 🙂
Here is a collection of oversized titles that could act a starter kit for new home/apartment owners or just cool additions for interior connoisseurs.
1. The Dogist: Photographic Encounters with 1,000 Dogs by Elias Weiss Friedman
This tops our list. The Dogist is funny, cute and will have you flipping pages for hours. Pick one up and hear your guests Awww… over it!
2. Pop Art by Klaus Honnef
This one’s for the Andy Warhol, Allan Jones, Ed Ruscha and Roy Lichtenstein fans. It includes over 100 colored illustrations with captions.
3. Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton
Alexander McQueen – the most influential and celebrated creative. His story is celebrated and intricately captured in this book. The provocative and vibrant photography makes it a beloved coffee table book.
4. Destinations of a Lifetime: 225 of the World’s Most Amazing Places by National Geographic
With stunning photography, this is the only guide you need to book your next holiday.
5. Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton
This has been a staple on everyone’s coffee table for the past four years. This stunning piece intimately captures the spirit of New York City.
6. Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves by Emily Henderson
The perfect home decor guide for styling any space. Make sure you always have it at arm’s reach.
7. Beaches by Gray Malin
This book is a virtual escape to sunny and sandy beaches of over 20 cities.
8. 1000 Record Covers by Michael Ochs
Finally a coffee table book for music lovers. Explore rock album covers of the 60s to the 90s.
9. The World Atlas of Wine, 7th Edition by Hugh Johnson & Jancis Robinson
The most essential guide for any wine lover. Remarkably detailed and yet still easy to understand. Pair it with a glass or two of your favorite grape.
10. Building Stories (Pantheon Graphic Novels) by Chris Ware
A massive delight. You will probably need your dining table to unfurl this one.
11. 99 Nicknamed Classic Cars by Michael Köckritz, Helge Jepsen
A classic car lovers fantasy all wrapped up in an exquisite coffee table book with clever explanations and affectionate illustrations.
12. In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs by Grace Bonney
This is a big fat book of inspiration that will make you want to read it again and again and again.
13. The Finer Things: Timeless Furniture, Textiles, and Details by Christiane Lemieux
A must-have for anyone who is trying to wrap their head around interior designing.
14. Plant: Exploring the Botanical World by Phaidon Editors
Plant is an exuberant page-turner packed with a diverse range of botanical art. The perfect gift for green fingers and art lovers.
15. Underwater Dogs by Seth Casteel
Couldn’t let this one slide. A cute and playful testament to the joy that dogs bring into our lives.